Terms & Conditions of Booking
Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions as agreed to at the time of booking.
- A contract between you and the owners will come into existence when we receive payment and accept your booking by issuing a confirmation of booking for the holiday dates shown in the rental agreement. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
- Prices are set per night and subject to change depending on the season.
- Bookings must be paid for in full at the time of booking and be accompanied by the full amount of the damage deposit charge £200 refundable damage deposit (if requested).
- Any outstanding balance that may have been paid outwith the Lusa Bothy website must be paid so as to arrive no later than two weeks before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and the client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent.
- All cancellations must be immediately notified firstly verbally, then reconfirmed in writing via email or text. If you cancel your holiday more than 6 weeks before it is due to start then 40% of the total paid will be forfeit. If you cancel less than 3 weeks prior to the holiday then the full amount will not be refundable. (extenuating cancellation circumstances can be discussed)
- We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
- The number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed 2 and only those people listed on the booking form can occupy the Bothy. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under 18 years of age.
- We (the owner) reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- We or our representative reserve the right to enter the Bothy at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Tenancies normally commence at 4pm unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate the Bothy by 11am on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests.
- Unauthorised pets or smoking anywhere on the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by pets or smoking will be at the expense of you.
- Up to 2 x dogs are permitted by prior arrangement and owners are expected to keep dogs under control at all times and not to let dogs up on the sofa, chairs or bed. A dog bed can be arranged on request
- Damage deposit – In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result.
The security deposit will be returned within 14 days of the end of your holiday less the cost of damage/breakages.
- Damage to property – Please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. In the event that you notice damage in your accommodation please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there have been any breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could replace them or advise us before you leave. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday & you may be charged for any loss or damage found.
- Guests are reminded to lock the doors and close the windows when they leave the property unoccupied.
- The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
- Please note that in the event that any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building or grounds.
- All inventory must remain in the property it was in at arrival and not be taken to another property.
- Children under 18 must be supervised by their parents/guardians at all times.
- We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
- Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us/the property manager at the time and only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered by the proprietor.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
- This property is privately owned and is part of our life. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.
And now that all the serious stuff has been read and understood…
ENJOY YOUR TIME ON SKYE!
Lusa Bothy, Tigh Lusa Estate, Ashaig IV42 8PZ - Isle of Skye
+44 7900 196 023
+44 7788 818 623